In this part of the test, you’ll hear six different extracts. In each extract, you’ll hear people talking in a different healthcare setting.
For questions 25-30, choose the answer (A, B or C) which fits best according to what you hear. You’ll have time to read each question before you listen. Complete your answers as you listen.
Now look at question 25.
25. You hear a physician explaining Micro Laparoscopic Pain Mapping procedure to the nurse.
This extract concludes that
A. Further research is required on this issue.
B. A placebo is always safe thought it is less effective than antidepressuressants.
C. Antidepressants are more efficacious.
26. You hear a physician explaining the issues involved in treating lower back pain.
Which of the following statements best suits this extract?
A. Most of the lower back pain cases are unrelated to particular identifiable spinal abnormalities.
B. The impacts of lower back pain are extreme in low-income and middle-income countries.
C. Recommendations are mainly based on the trials exclusive from high- income countries.
27. You hear a doctor explaining to the nurses about the growth hormone test.
The growth hormone reserve is defined by the peak serum concentration after stimulating with
28. You hear the announcement of a new milestone in cancer treatment.
A genetically engineered protein cell is better known as
A. A Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor.
B. A carcinogenic cell.
C. A cancer tumor.
29. You hear a physician explaining how to treat an intermittent explosive disorder.
Which one of the following methods can cure the intermitted explosive disorder?
A. Anticonvulsant mood stabilizers.
C. Cognitive exercises.
30. You hear a doctor briefing the junior doctors about trigger point injection.
A Trigger Point Injection is given when the muscle spasm doesn’t respond to
B. Muscle relaxants.
C. Local anesthetic medication.