In this part of the test, you’ll hear two different extracts. In each extract, you’ll hear health professionals talking about specific aspects of their work.
For questions 31 to 42, choose the answer A, B or C which fits best according to what you hear. Complete your answers as you listen the audio.
Now look at extract one.
Extract 1: Question 31 to 36
You hear the lecture given by a physician on the topic Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis disease
You have 90 seconds to read question 31 to 36
31. Which of the following is incorrect?
A. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, after famous basketball player who was diagnosed with this condition.
B. The lifespan of the patients with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is about 3 to 5 years after the apperance of the symptoms.
C. There is no cure to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and treatment is aimed to relieve symptoms.
32. Which of the following is in correct?
A. About 20 percent of patients will live 5 years or more after diagnosis
B. About 50 percent of patients will live for 20 years
C. Just 10 percent of the patients will live for 10 years or more.
33. Which of the following statements is correct?
A. About 90 to 95 percent of patients are with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
B. About 5 to 10 percent of patients are with inherited amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
C. About 5 to 10 percent of patients are with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
34. Higher levels of glutamate secretion occurs due to;
A. Chemical imbalance.
B. Disorganized immune respone.
C. Mishandling of proteins.
35. Which of the following is not of the early symptom of amyotrophic lateral sclenosis;
A. Emotional lability
B. Slurred speech
C. Abnormal limb fatigue
36. Which of the following is an upper motor symptom?
A. Muscle atrophy
Extract 2: Question 37 to 42
You hear a doctor giving a lecture on Tests used on biopsy and cytology specimer diagnose cancer.
You have 90 seconds to read question 37 to 42
37. Which of the following statements suits best with this extract
A. Adenocarcinomas can produce mucus
B. Mucicarmine stain leaves a pink-red appearance to mucus
C. Pink-red appearance of mucus is an indication of lung cancer
38. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
A. Histochemical stain tests can diagnose only different kinds
of cancer tumors.
B. Special stains are used to identify microorganisms.
C. Some infections cause lumps similar to cancer tumor.
39. Immunohistochemical stains are significant to;
A. Find out whether the antibodies have been attracted to the cells.
B. Find out the origin of the cancer.
C. Find out whether the tumor is cancer or not
40. Cytometry is used to diagnose the cells from
C. Bone Marrow
41. The cells are diploid if;
A. The DNA amount is abnormal
B. The DNA amount is normal
C. The cancer grow and spread aggressively
42. The S-phase fraction measurement in cytometry test will measure;
A. Size of the cancer cell S-Phase
B. Size of the cancer cell tumor in S-Phase
C. Amount of cells in S-Phase